7 March Speech of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech, delivered in 1971 at the Ramna Race Course Maidan in Dhaka, East Pakistan (present-day Bangladesh):

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech

"Brothers of mine,

You know that we have been struggling for a long time. I have come before you today with a heavy heart. All of you know how hard we have tried. But now, we must struggle even harder. I have given you the message that I received from the people and I have given you my own message as well. The struggle this time is for our freedom. The struggle this time is for our independence.

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech


Joy Bangla!

Brothers, we have had to endure a great deal of suffering. I have come before you today to talk about that suffering. The people of East Pakistan have been subjected to untold torture and brutality. Our people have been killed, our women have been raped, and our homes have been looted and burned.

But we have not been broken. We have not been defeated. We have continued to fight. And now, we are on the brink of victory. We are on the brink of achieving our freedom and our independence.

Brothers, you must remember that the struggle for our freedom will not be easy. It will require sacrifice and hard work. We must be prepared to make that sacrifice. We must be prepared to work hard.

Our goal is freedom. Our goal is independence. We must achieve that goal at all costs. We must be prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Brothers, I am not here to ask for your help. I am here to ask for your cooperation. I am here to ask for your support. We must work together to achieve our goal.

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we are not asking for any special treatment. We are not asking for any special privileges. We are simply asking for our basic human rights. We want to be treated as human beings. We want to be treated with dignity and respect.

We have been patient for a long time. We have waited for too long. Now, the time has come for us to take action. Now, the time has come for us to demand our rights.

Brothers, I want to tell you that I am not a traitor. I am not a puppet of anyone. I am a man of the people. I am a man of East Pakistan. I am here to fight for our freedom and our independence.

We must remain united. We must remain strong. We must be prepared to face any challenge that comes our way.

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic 7th March speech

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we will not be intimidated. We will not be cowed. We will continue to fight until we achieve our goal.

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we are not fighting against the people of West Pakistan. We are fighting against the oppressive regime that has been imposed upon us.

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we are not fighting for any particular religion or any particular language. We are fighting for our freedom and our independence.

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we are not alone. The people of the world are with us. The people of India are with us. The people of the world are watching us. They are watching our struggle. They are watching our sacrifice. They are watching our courage.

Brothers, I want to make it clear that we will win. We will achieve our goal. We will be free. We will be independent.

Joy Bangla!"

Post a Comment

0 Comments